2017 Quiz Qualifying Rally
This will be a qualifying rally for 2017 Championships.
Non-Qualifiers are welcome!
Date: Saturday March 18th, 2017
Location: San Martin Gwinn, 100 North Street San Martin, CA 95046
Fees: $60 per competitor: 2017 Quiz Rally t-shirt and lunch included. Shirt sizes are Youth Large/Adult Medium. Extra lunches and tee-shirts may be purchased.
Registration will open on January 25th, find the "Register Now" button below. Fees must be paid at the time of registration! Fees are not refundable.
Volunteers: Quiz Rally runs on volunteers! Each team must have a chaperone and at least one volunteer.
Teams: Teams will consist of 3 or 4 members within the following divisions:
- Junior D: D1/UR to D3, 12 and under as of 01/01/2016
- Senior D: D1/UR to D3, 13-21 years of age as of 01/01/2016
- Junior C/B: 14 years of age or less as of 01/01/2016
- Senior C/B: 15-21 years of age as of 01/01/2016
- B/H-A/A: teams of only 2 members 14-21 years of age as of 01/01/2016
NOTE: Quiz competitor MUST BE AT LEAST 10 YEARS OF AGE as of JANUARY 1, 2017 and rated D2 or higher to compete at 2017 USPC Championships. There will be no Intent to Qualify forms. Top competitors who meet age and rating criteria will be asked to respond if they would like to compete in the 2017 USPC Championships.
7:45 a.m. Registration opens **Chaperones must pick up packets!
7:45 - 9:30 Breakfast (available for purchase)**
8:15 Judges and Volunteers' Briefing
8:45 Teams in cafeteria for Competitors' Briefing
9:00 Competition begins
4:00 p.m. Rally concludes at approximately
5:00 Ribbon/Award Ceremony
**Breakfast, snacks, baked good and drinks will be available for purchase throughout the day!
Registration will close on Feb 26th!
Note to DCs & CAs:
Please promote the rally to your members. Make sure they understand the criteria for qualifying for championships.
- Determine the team make-up (name of the team, team members, captain). Make sure each participant is aware of it. If you do not have a complete team, we will help place your members in team with other clubs.
- Help your members prepare for the rally.
- Each team needs to have a chaperone and volunteer!
Armband with USPC Medical Card or Medical Bracelet is required for competition. Barn safe boots are required for the Barn Phase of the competition. Remember to wear your Pony Club Pin!
For More Information, Contact:
Morgan Hill Hotels
Wyndham Microtel Inn & Suites, 16245 Condit Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Holliday Inn Express, 17035 Condit Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
La Quinta Inn & Suites, 17043 Condit Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
The Comfort Inn and Suites, 16225 Condit Rd, Morgan Hill, CA 95037
Championships Qualifying Information
USPC Quiz Rulebook 2017 - Article 6
1. Competitors qualify for Championships by competing in a qualifying Quiz. H-B, H, H-A and A members wishing to compete at Championships do not have to qualify at a Regional Quiz but must have permission of their RS.
- Junior D: D2 and D3, 10-12 years of age
- Senior D: D2 and D3, 13-21 years of age
- Junior C/H-B/B : 10-14 years of age
- Senior C/H-B/B: 15-21 years of age
- B/H/H-HM/H-A/A: teams of only two members, 14-21 years of age
NOTE: Quiz competitors MUST BE AT LEAST 10 YEARS OF AGE before JANUARY 1 to compete in the USPC Championships of that year.
- It is the responsibility of the Regional Supervisor to correctly place the Pony Club members by age and HM certification and to abide by the Team Membership Regulations.
- All competitors must have qualified in a Qualifying Regional Quiz Rally within the 12 months preceding the Championships.
- In order to be eligible to qualify for Championships, all competitors must have obtained their D-2 certifications prior to competing in their Regional Quiz Rally and compete as a D-2 or higher. Championship qualifiers who rate up between Regional Quiz Rally and Championships will compete at the level at which they qualified.
- Qualifiers do not have to qualify together as a team.
- Composition of Teams: Each Region may determine the criteria for qualification and selection of team members, i.e., all members of a first place team or the top 4 individuals, while still abiding by the age and HM certification regulations.
- No Region shall select its Championships team solely on the individual score of a single Phase.
- A Junior D who qualifies on a Senior D team has the option of competing on a Junior D team or a Senior D team.
- A Junior C who qualifies on a Senior C team has the option of competing on a Junior C team or a Senior C team. These decisions should be made in consultation with the Pony Club member, the DC/CA, the RS, and the Quiz Committee as needed.